State and Local Government Officials

Requests for Clarification on Leave for Child Care for Health Care Providers

If an employer offers suitable alternative childcare arrangements, which the employee refuses, does the employer violate the FLSA by denying the employee leave requested in order to care for a son or daughter due to closing of the child's ordinary school or child care provider?


If so, what guidance can DOL offer on the required alternative arrangements that must be offered to avoid violating the FLSA?


Does DOL intend to broaden by regulation the categories of healthcare personnel who can be exempted from the FFCRA's expanded paid sick leave and FMLA leave requirements?


0 votes
1 up votes
1 down votes
Idea No. 2008